The Universal Health Coverage for Rare Diseases (#UHC4RareDiseases) Campaign aims to enable patient organisations and the public to advocate for Universal Health Coverage (UHC) policies and programmes that include rare diseases.
The #UHC4RareDiseases Toolkit provides practical tools to raise awareness and encourage policymakers to address rare diseases to fulfil their commitment to UHC.
How to use the #UHC4RareDiseases Toolkit
Download the #UHC4RareDiseases Toolkit
- Position paper ‘Rare Diseases: Leaving No One Behind in Universal Health Coverage’, April 2019
- Call for the integration of rare diseases into the UN Political Declaration on UHC launched at the Second High-Level Event of the NGO Committee for Rare Diseases, 21 February 2019, at the UN NYC. More information on the event.
- Participation and submission of a written statement at the UN High-Level Meeting on UHC on 23 September 2019.
- Inclusion of rare diseases in the UN Political Declaration on UHC, September 2019
- UHC2030 ‘State of Commitment to UHC‘ report
RDI – UHC Day 2022
RDI – UHC Day 2021
RDI – UHC Day 2020
RDI GLOBAL MEETING – Leveraging UHC to Advance Rare Disease Policy, May 2019
Durhane Wong-Rieger, RDI Chair and President of the Canadian Organization for Rare Disorders (CORD) talks about advocating for the integration of rare diseases in national policies within the framework of UHC.
Alba Ancochea, CEO of Federacion Española de Enfermedades Raras (FEDER), shares the Spanish experience promoting UHC in national policy.