Join us at the APARDO Summit 2019: Regional Collaborations for Global Change
Date: 19 – 21 October
Location: Taipei, Taiwan
Rare Diseases International is pleased to be a co-organiser in this event alongside the Asia Pacific Alliance of Rare Disease Organisations. The event aims to help patient advocates representing national and regional patient-centric organizations effectively deliver, share best practices, develop skills and adopt coordinated strategies for improving rare disease patient outcomes.
Join leading research organizations, public health agencies and the biopharma industry for this exciting three-day forum!
Click here for more information and to register
ASIA PACIFIC ADVOCACY SYMPOSIUM
All day session (8:30AM – 4:30PM)
- Presentation on Regional and Global Rare Disease Policy Initiatives
- Panel on Providing Better Access to Diagnosis and Treatment
- Workshop on Policy Advocacy to Improve Conditions for Patiets
This session is organized jointly by APARDO, Taiwan Foundation for Rare Disorders and Rare Diseases International, followed by an internal meeting of APARDO members.
RARE DISEASE AND HUMAN GENETICS SYMPOSIA
All day session (9:00AM – 6:30PM)
- Newborn Screening for Genetic Disorders
- Multidisciplinary Care for Rare Disease Patients
- Experience of Rare Disease Programs in Asia
- Overview of the APEC Rare Disease Action Plan
This session is organized jointly by Taiwan Foundation for Rare Disorders and Taiwan Human Genetics Society.
APARDO TRAINING ON APEC RARE DISEASE FRAMEWORK – morning session (8:30AM – 12:00PM)
TAIWAN GLOBAL HEALTH FORUM – afternoon session (1:30PM – 5:50PM)
Venue: Taipei International Convention Center
The event is free, but a separate registration is required.
- Genomic Perspective – Rare Disease Prevention and Care
- Orphan Drugs and Medical Insurance
This session is hosted by the Ministry of Health and Welfare and Ministry of Foreign Affairs Taiwan.